Don’t you just love overreacting or at least laughing at the millions who do? I am the most theatrical drama queen that has graced earth. I live for the YALAHWI moments that were only worthy of a “seriously?” but I just couldn’t get a grip over myself and had to slap my face.
The one place I truly find my calling is social media. Everyone is offended over absolutely meaningless crap, ranting or coming up with the funniest GIFs and memes ever. Even silent users who never seem to post anything are overly stalking everyone online. Every single Egyptian user is overreacting in his own way, avwara is no joke to them and the year 2015 was just another confirmation that we are sha3b me2avwar betab3o.
1. Egyptian women’s reaction to Dhafer L’abidine
2. And Hany ElMessiry
3. Everything Reham Sa3id does is avwara, yet her Sabaya ElKheir episode in Jerusalem, running away from whoever was chasing her, was something else
4. Suez Canal celebrations taken a bit too far
5. Hania and Ali becoming our #relationshipgoals and everyone’s reaction to that. Relax guys, it’s not the drugs, the guy’s funny
6. Our way of fighting sexual harassment
7. We don’t care about Morgan Freeman, we care about elragel eli wara Morgan Freeman
8. Calling Ghada Ebrahim Lady GhaGha because of a hairdo
9. When Egyptians managed to turn Adele’s “Hello” into an Abla Kamel meme. We can’t stop, we won’t stop.
10. How Jon Snow’s possible death on the TV show Game of Thrones became 2adeya Masreya
11. Freska now costs 4 LE in Sa7el
12. Egyptian school interviews expecting 3-year-old kids to be as smart as a 4th grader. School fees that imply your kids are going to end up in NASA!
13. Mortada Mansour calling coach Ferreira FASHELLLLL on air. Start thanking God for your boss.
14. One of the most avwara moments was enduring ElAlamein Road being closed this summer and the non-stop complaining during the four-hour drive
15. Another thing that was over the top this year was the effect of humidity on Egyptian women’s hair in Sa7el. Even our hair has no chill…
16. This meme that perfectly describes Egyptian optimism
17. A TV anchor on ElNahar thought airing from a bathtub was normal
18. Egyptian dentists actually considered this abomination
19. How every new compound is sold out in days. Over ya Masr! Let’s not even talk about the price per meter square.
20. Egyptian influencers overtaking Instagram and pissing the hell out of every citizen because we’re not getting free stuff
21. Is this Lord of the Rings? Is it The Matrix? Oh! It’s just Wafaa ElKilany’s show ElMataha
22. When Sayed Abou Hafiza from Asaad Allah Masa’akom perfectly described avwaret Valentine’s and we all related
23. When we asked tourists publicly to cum in Egypt
24. When we believed that Mafish Sa7eb Yetsa7eb even though you sing it along with your childhood friend
25. Red velvet Ramadan zalabia and basbusa is all the proof we need that Egyptians don’t know when to stop
26. Amr Diab overdid himself in 2015 and grew six years younger
27. On the other hand, Nadia ElGuindy grew 30 years younger
28. An Egyptian thought of this:
29. Dunkin’ freaking Donuts.
30. People blocking and unfriending each other on social media because of Ramadan Sobhy
31. Our reaction to Americas’s hashtag #LoveWins
32. Moral of 2015 and Yasmine ElNarsh: Avwartak will get you arrested
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss The Top 10 Most Searched People in Egypt in 2015.