- Kid Ink and Fifth Harmony have teamed up for catchy, sax-heavy track “Worth It” and it’s definitely worth a listen. And this week the ladies of Fifth Harmony performed it live on TV for the first time on Nick Lachey’s VH1 show Big Morning Buzz:
- Iggy Azalea’s latest duet is with Jennifer Hudson, and the two are stirring up some “Trouble”. The lyric video is out this week, and it gives us a preview of the full clip, which will feature Hudson as a cop and Azalea as a troublemaker presumably.
- Nicki Minaj’s album The Pinkprint is still going strong, and the latest single “Truffle Butter” features Drake and Lil Wayne. That excellent sample is off Maya Jane Coles‘s “What They Say” which is a great song on its own. And so is this one, but… well, truffle butter is a disgusting concept and I’d rather not talk about it.
- Ed Sheeran’s new one “Bloodstream” featuring Rudimental is apparently about an ecstasy trip in Ibiza during which he claims to have fallen in love with a beanbag. The song was written by both artists along with Snow Patrol‘s Johnny McDaid and Gary Lightbody.
- You know when a bunch of excellent musicians get together to jam and magic happens? That is exactly what happened when Police drummer Steward Copeland (on guitar), Rush drummer Neil Peart, Tool drummer Danny Carey, Vertical Horizon frontman Matt Scannell (on bass) and South Park co-creator Matt Stone got together to create this jazzy number titled “A Little More Noise”:
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss last week’s For the Record: The Haim Sisters Go from Quirky to Magnificent with Calvin Harris.