Kylian Mbappe told Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) that he will not take up the option of a one-year extension in his contract when it expires next June based on a decision the French forward made last year. Mbappe, a World Cup winner in 2018, confirmed his decision in a letter to the club and could even be sold this summer as PSG will seek to avoid losing him for free, according to reports.
PSG have reportedly given Al Hilal permission to speak to Kylian Mbappé after the Saudi Arabian club submitted a world-record €700m offer for the France captain on Saturday. However, Mbappé and his representatives declined to meet with Al Hilal officials in Paris on Wednesday to discuss a possible transfer to the club. PSG are believed to have permitted Al Hilal to negotiate personal terms with Mbappé after receiving a written bid for the player.
According to the French sports newspaper L’Equipe, an Al Hilal delegation was in Paris hoping to sell their project to Mbappé while finalizing the signing of Brazil striker Malcom from Zenit St Petersburg. However, Mbappé and his team have reportedly never considered the move as an option and refused to enter into discussions with the Saudi club.
Mbappé’s PSG future has been uncertain since he informed the club in June that he would not extend his existing deal through to 2025. This would allow him to become a free agent next summer and negotiate a pre-contract agreement with another club as early as January. While PSG have not confirmed the reports that Mbappé rejected Al Hilal’s approach, they are believed to be convinced that he has already agreed to a free transfer to Real Madrid next summer.
WE SAID THIS: Don’t Miss…16 Year-Old Egyptian Forward Kareem Ahmed Joins Liverpool