- This week, Jessie J announced an upcoming collaboration with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj with a short video shared on her official Instagram feed, and judging by the teaser, it’s something to look forward to. Listen to a snippet of new track “Bang Bang” here:
- And Nicki Minaj also guests on Usher‘s new one “She Came to Give It to You”, which is really fun but… is it supposed to sounds exactly like S.O.S. Band‘s 80s hit “Just Be Good to Me?”
- I’m generally cynical about these videos that claim to celebrate women in all their shapes and sizes and all that jazz, but even I’m getting on board with this one – here’s John Legend‘s new one “You and I”:
- Vance Joy, the guy who brought us “Riptide”, has just released second single “Mess is Mine” off his upcoming debut album Dream Your Life Away, and it is indie-fabulous:
- And the video for new Young the Giant track “Mind Over Matter” will make you yearn for all the seasons at once:
- Miley Cyrus and The Flaming Lips are still getting matching tattoos working together and the latest is an NSFW clip about an LSD trip, starring Moby and titled “Blonde SuperFreak Steals the Magic Brain”. You’re free to call it art, but I’m pretty sure I call it shit:
- Here’s a reminder to go back and listen to all of Sheryl Crow‘s albums, hold the pop hits. Crow recently debuted the official concert video of a live version of “Redemption Day”, intercut with vocals by Johnny Cash, who had covered the track a few months before his passing in 2003, and it’s beautiful.She had originally written the track after what she describes as an “eye-opening visit to Bosnia” in 1995, adding in an interview with Rolling Stone that it remained relevant so many years later “particularly after invading Iraq and nobody really understanding, even after the realization that that had nothing to do with 9/11 and that there were no weapons of mass destruction.”
Find your inner political activist with this rendition of “Redemption Day” here.
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss last week’s FTR here!