So it’s Eid, everyone you know is traveling and you’re stuck in the city… except that everyone you know also seems to be staying as well.
Whether you’ve got weddings lined up or business to handle or you just don’t want to be where the crowds are, here’s what we’d do for a chill week off:
1. Enjoy it. The city is actually nice when it’s empty, especially in the evenings.
2. Escape to the closest beach or the country house for a day or two.
3. Hit the pool at off-peak hours. Perfect for this heat.
4. Stay the f*** away from Wust el Balad and the Corniche.
5. Hone your passions, or discover them.
6. Take some time to hide.
7. Take some time to reconnect with old friends.
8. Take some time to lose yourself.
9. Take some time to sleep.
10. Re-organize yourself for the next stretch ahead of you.
WE SAID THIS: Stuck in Cairo for a friend’s wedding? We feel your agony!