Parents often like to reminisce about the good old days before smartphones and social media existed. They don’t need to remind us of the fact that they grew up in a social media-less world though, it’s quite evident through their use of technology. Here are a few things most Egyptian parents are guilty of.
1. Thinking that that person messaging them will actually give them a car if they send 200 LE
2. Being incapable of texting with two hands
3. Leaving pictures like these as comments on Facebook pictures. No, your eyes do not deceive you. That is, in fact, Miley Cyrus. Yes, she too is afraid of 7asad
4. Sharing jokes that stopped being funny in 2007
5. Trying to zoom in on Instagram photos and accidentally liking their child’s crush’s picture from 124 weeks ago.
6. Accidentally video chatting people while texting and not even realizing it
7. Forwarding this type of message
8. Shouting when talking on the phone with someone in another country. You know, so they can hear you properly
9. Setting a password only to forget it a few minutes later and panicking
10. Sharing things without realizing it and then claiming their accounts were hacked
11. Sending friend requests to all of their children’s friends in order to spy on them
12. Getting alarmed by fake stories and sharing them
13. Tagging their kids in the ugliest possible photos of them
14. Falling for this type of post
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss 11 Things Egyptian 20-Somethings Living With Their Parents Can Relate To.