- The Smashing Pumpkins are getting ready for the release of their new album Monuments to an Elegy this December, and have premiered its lead single “Being Beige” this week, with a little help from Tommy Lee on drums and, of course, Billy Corgan‘s distinctive vocals:
Death Cab for Cutie are also readying their new album, but without founding member and producer Chris Walla. And although the band and fans are mourning the loss, frontman Ben Gibbard remains positive, saying “Chris was a huge part of this band for years, but a lot of bands have lost members and evolved in ways that are exciting and new. And we want to be one of them.” The album will instead be produced by Rich Costey, who has worked with bands including Muse and Interpol.
- And Calvin Harris has released yet another single from his upcoming album Motion, and this one has two of my favorite things – Ellie Goulding and some great strings:
- In this week’s new videos, Gwen Stefani walks the Yellow Brick Road in “Baby Don’t Lie” and proves once again that she is pretty much ageless and can pull off monochrome better than anyone:
- And Cobra Starship samples Fatboy Slim and teams up with Icona Pop for fun new single “Never Been in Love”:
- Meanwhile, Kiesza reinvents spelling and makes her own backup dancers by undressing in the video for new one “No Enemiesz”. If anyone knows where I can get those shoes, please drop me a line:
- And Fergie channels her inner Iggy Azalea and Rihanna in her comeback “L.A. Love”; check out the lyric video here:
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss this week’s “Eargasm: Music To Supercharge Your Breakup Playlist“.