- This week, Maroon 5 took a page out of Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn‘s book and crashed a number of weddings around Los Angeles for the making of their new “Sugar” video. It all looks a bit staged, but it still makes a great feel-good visual:
- Akon is making a new kind of comeback this year – he’s releasing five albums, each of a different genre: euro, pop, urban, island and world. The albums are collectively titled Stadium, and the first five singles, one off each album, are already available to stream on his website. Our pick is a track titled “Whole Lot”, off the Urban album:
- Kid Ink and Chris Brown have already teamed up recently for tracks such as “Show Me” and “Main Chick”, and now they’re back with a new single titled “Hotel”. The song will be featured on Kid Ink’s new album Full Speed, due next month.
- Childish Gambino‘s new one “Sober” is weird and excellent and mesmerizing, a slow jam interspersed with an electronic beat and some electric guitars. Here he is in the brand new video, wooing a girl in a diner with dancing and magic tricks:
- Everyone’s favorite feud this week is that between pop princesses Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. Rumor has it that Perry’s new song “She’s So Creepy” was written about Swift, and that she is planning to diss her at her Super Bowl halftime performance on Feb. 1, with Swift plotting retaliation at her Grammys performance the week after. Watch this space for more news as the drama unfolds.
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss All About the Fans: The New Era of Music Videos.