- The “King of the Blues” B.B. King passed away this week at the age of 89 in Las Vegas after a 60-year mind-blowing career. The thrill is gone, indeed.
- Iggy Azalea has already channeled Cher Horowitz in the video of her massive hit “Fancy”, and she’s now taken on 80s cult film Earth Girls Are Easy in her “Pretty Girls” with Britney Spears. It’s worth watching for the outfits and to see Iggy put on a horrific L.A. accent:
- Can you imagine how cute Ed Sheeran was as a baby? His new “Photograph” video features home footage of Sheeran from his infancy to date, and it is absolutely endearing:
- Hilary Duff is all about Tinder and trying very hard to seem like she’s keepin’ it real in her new Minogue-ish single “Sparks” which, to be fair, is at least catchy. Also, that new hair color is fierce:
- And our favorite this week is Mark Ronson‘s new one with Mystikal “Feel Right”… I don’t know where they found this kid, but I hope he has a movie career waiting:
- Comedy music act The Lonely Island are working on a spoof documentary about a rapper who reunites with his boy band after a failed album. The trio is most known for their short films featured on Saturday Night Live and 2007’s comedy film Hot Rod. The as yet untitled film will be produced by Judd Apatow.
- Fox has announced that next year’s season of American Idol will be its last. The show has been running for 14 years, and it most notable winners include season one’s Kelly Clarkson and season four’s Carrie
- And in this week’s News That Makes No Sense, Third Eye Blind has covered a Beyoncé song. No, really, and they Third Eye Blinded the shit out of it, too:
WE SAID THIS: Rest in peace, B.B. Music was never the same after you.