Salah Scores His 150th Goal With the Reds: Here Are All the Records the Egyptian King Has Broken!
By Rahma Haggag.
Mohamed Salah broke another record with his club Liverpool after scoring his 150th goal with the Reds against Norwich City in the Premier League yesterday. Salah became the 10th player in Liverpool’s history to score 150 goals with the club. Moreover, he became the second-fastest player in the club to achieve this milestone after Roger Hunt.
Hunt scored his 150 goals in 226 matches and Salah scored them in 232 matches. After the Reds’ comeback 3-1 against Norwich City yesterday, Salah said: “It feels great. I’m always proud to score for this club, and the most important thing is to win games which is what we did today.” Salah has scored 25 goals in 30 appearances this season including 17 goals in 23 Premier League matches.
Via Be Soccer
Salah has proved that he is one of the greatest signings in the club’s history by breaking so many records. Let’s remember all his breaking records since he joined the club in 2017.
- The first Liverpool player to score 20 Premier League goals in three seasons.
- The fastest to score 50 league goals for Liverpool, having done so in 69 games; right at the second place comes Fernando Torres who got to break this record in 72 games.
- The only Liverpool player in history to score twice in a league game on two separate occasions after coming on as a substitute.
- The first Egyptian to feature in a Champions League final and win it.
- Liverpool’s all-time top scorer in the Champions League proper, with 25 in 43 appearances; Steven Gerrard comes in second place with 21 in 73.
Via Planet Football
- The first African player to score 30 or more goals in a Premier League season.
- The most goals in a debut season for Liverpool, with his 44 goals during the 2017/18 season.
- The only player named Premier League Player of the Month three times in a single season.
- The first Liverpool player to score a hat-trick on the opening day of a Premier League season.
- Most away goals scored by a Liverpool player in a single campaign, with 20 goals during the 2020/21 season.
- The first Egyptian to win PFA Player of the Year.
- The first Egyptian to win the Premier League’s Golden Boot.
- The fastest goal scored by a Liverpool player in the history of the European Cup – netting in 55 seconds against Midtjylland on December 9, 2020.
- The only player in Liverpool’s history to finish as top scorer in his first four seasons with the club since Chambers.
- The Premier League’s highest-scoring Egyptian.
Via Liverpool FC
- The first Liverpool player ever to score in the opening league fixture in four consecutive seasons.
- The first Egyptian to win the Premier League.
- Cover star for TIME Magazine as part of their 100 Most Influential People list in 2019.
- First Liverpool player to score 10 consecutive goals in 10 straight appearances in all competitions.
- Finally, the 10th player in Liverpool history to score 150 goals.
In addition to all of these breaking records, this season is not over yet and Mohamed Salah may surprise us with more. Salah became the role model to football fans all over the world, not to Egyptians only.
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss: Salah and Mané Face-Off As Egypt Faces Senegal in World Cup Qualifying Play-offs.