- It’s hard to hate on Taylor Swift when she’s just so damn cute. This week, she announced the title of her “very first, documented, official pop album” as 1989, the year she was born, and followed that up with the release of a brand new song and video in which she shakes off her critics and butchers a variety of dance styles:
- The new HBO show Sonic Highways follows the Foo Fighters as they record their eighth album in eight seminal recording studios across the United States, and based on this trailer, both the show and the album will be nothing short of amazing:
- Her hit singles “Fancy” and” Boom Clap” are still all over the airwaves, and Charli XCX has just debuted her new track, rebel anthem “Break The Rules”, off her just-announced album Sucker, out this October:
- I can respect Kid Cudi as a musician and an actor, but his recent foray into shoe design is a bust. I mean, these new Cudi-inspired Guiseppe Zanotti sneakers are just ugly:
- This week’s hottest new video is Nicki Minaj‘s “Anaconda”. This video has everything – a jungle theme, suggestive foods, Drake and, as promised, a whole lot of twerking:
- Just when their songs were starting to become predictable, Haim has shaken things up with their new one “My Song 5” featuring A$AP Ferg. Kesha, Big Sean and SNL’s Vanessa Bayer lend their talents to the accompanying video:
- Kid Ink has been in trouble with the law a couple of times this month, but he is continuing his international tour and will be bringing his hits including “Money and the Power” and “Main Chick” to the UAE in a few days. Look out for his performances at People by Crystal in Abu Dhabi and Dubai this weekend.
- And don’t forget to tune in to the MTV Video Music Awards tonight! The Parents Television Council have released a statement to MTV that described last year’s VMAs as “a public relations kerfuffle” that they “will not wish to repeat”, specifically citing the Miley-Thicke ick, so we’ll just have to wait and see what this year’s defining moment will be.
WE SAID THIS: Check out this week’s Eargasm: Tunes That Will Make Your Week Better.