- Fans who had downloaded what first appeared to be an arcade game on the Alien Ride app were pleasantly surprised this week when the app started unlocking new Skrillex tracks to reveal a hidden 11-track album titled Recess. The dubstep artist’s first full length album will be officially released on March 18th, but is currently streaming on iTunes. The first expected single is “Coast is Clear” featuring Chance the Rapper.
- And DJ Afrojack has turned to Snapchat to communicate directly with his fans and announce the release of his first album Forget the World this May. The album will include collaborations with Wiz Khalifa and Sting.
- An alleged Daft Punk and Jay Z duet titled “Computerized” leaked online this week, but rumor has it the song may have been recorded a few years ago and never released, or that it might be a fake compiled from demos. It sounds pretty legit though, and more importantly, it’s very good:
- In her new “I Luh Ya PaPi” video, Jennifer Lopez finds one way of fighting back against the objectification of women, and that’s the objectification of men:
- Jason Derulo has released a celebrity edition of his “Talk Dirty to Me” video, featuring artists including Robin Thicke, Pete Wentz, the guys from One Direction and a hilarious contribution by Larry King:
- Frank Ocean, the members of the Clash and producer Diplo may seem like an unlikely bunch to come together, but they have taken part in the Three Artists, One Song series by Converse Music for new track “Hero” which, though unexpected, is pretty great:
- And Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger are teaming up on an HBO television show about the music biz in the 1970s, set to start filming this summer. The show has not yet been titled but will star Olivia Wilde in her first TV role since House.
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss this hilarious Egyptian EDM remix, “Shut Up Your Mouse, Obama!“