So this is a sticky situation… he texts you often, calls you whenever he gets a chance and you’re just not that into him. Blowing him off completely would be rude and answering him every time will only lead him on. What is there left to do? There is always a graceful way to show a guy that you are not interested or don’t feel the same way about him. However some guys just don’t get the hint, and in that case a more tough approach is needed.
Here are a few phrases you should include in your conversations with your admirer from graceful to harsh:
1. Tell him about a guy you’re interested in: “What do you think of XYZ? I’m thinking of letting my friend set us up.”
2. Friend-zone him: “Thanks bro, you’re such an awesome friend.”
3. Set him up with someone else (theoretically): ” I think this girl would be perfect for you.”
4. Blow him off respectfully. If you’re out with friends, don’t answer. Send him a text saying, “Out with some friends, will catch you later.” Don’t be too quick to return that phone call, maybe even a few days later.
5. Exclude him from your plans a bit. Take a spontaneous trip and don’t tell him about it. If he asks why you didn’t tell him: “It didn’t come up, have a great weekend :).”
6 Try giving him a piece of your mind bluntly: “Are you flirting with me? I hope I misunderstood you.”
7. If all else fails, it’s time to ignore and be cold. Don’t answer from time to time and give short one worded answers. He should get the hint.
8. You can try the honest approach and hope to God your friendship doesn’t get ruined: ” I don’t want to lead you on, but I am not interested in you that way. You are one of my closest friends and I would hate for anything to ruin our friendship.”
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss “5 Signs to Tell if He’s into You“.