We all dream of a stress free lifestyle, one where we all have a work-life balance. Don’t we all want to wake up at 6 am for an early meditation session followed by an hour of yoga and then OFCOURSE another hour of cardio to burn the fat?
Most of us here in Cairo don’t have this lifestyle, the lucky few wake up an hour early and train, then head to work but for the most part we’re all in a vicious cycle of work that produces stress and anxiety and where we resort to comfort food to relieve ourselves know for a fact that most people start thinking and day dreaming of what to order right after work. This actually produces more anxiety long term as you start thinking of the weight you’re gaining and how unfit you’re becoming. That is why rectifying the problem is absolutely essential. Something like cbd oil would be extremely helpful. You may be interested in finding out how long does cbd oil last before you start using it.
There is a way out though ,one which if you have enough will power will actually decrease the level of our two main enemies ‘Cortisol’ and ‘Adrenaline’ which are the body’s natural response to fear. This is why they’re called the fight or flight hormones.
Aside from paying close attention to nutrition, some people use cannabis as a way to boost their mood and fend off feelings of stress and anxiety. If you would like to learn more about using marijuana for this purpose, take a look at this guide to weed strains for anxiety.
Here are seven nutritional tips that can help with combatting our everyday stress levels and anxiety and later on help increase “SEROTONIN”; the much needed happy hormone.
1. Go purely orange. Fresh orange juice has, as we all know, a lot of Vitamin C, which is not only an anti-stress factor, but also reduces the level of cortisol.
2. A diet rich in Omega 3 keeps the dreaded adrenaline in check. Try and stock up on Salmon, fish and tuna at least three times a week.
3. Vitamin B is great for the nerves which is abundant in Avocados, so instead of heading for that pint of ice cream have an avocado salad instead. Additionally, you might want to search medical cannabis near me for a more robust form of treatment.
4. Did you know that depression has been linked to low levels of folic acid? You can get your recommended daily intake of folic acid from a steamed side dish of asparagus.
5. The simplest relaxation technique is a glass of warm milk. It is great for insomnia and the occasional attack of restless leg syndrome. The protein lactum in milk has a calming effect so make sure to have a warm glass every night.
6. Seven Almonds a day keeps the doctor away. Almonds are an immune booster and they also have the added value of being high in vitamin B.
7. Stock up on turkey meat, it is high in Tryptophan which signals to the brain to release feel good chemicals that promote calmness.
8. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach are rich in magnesium which help in cortisol regulation and promotes a feeling of well-being.
9. Last but not least, our beloved blueberries, if you can find them don’t hesitate to buy them as blueberries are the ultimate stress-buster as they combines vitamin C and antioxidants.
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss “Dieting Mistakes You Should Avoid“