- Madonna announced on Instagram this week that she is working with Avicii on new music, captioning, “Doing some house work before heading to the studio with Avicii,” on a photo of herself in fishnets and a jeweled headband. The EDM star had previously remixed Madonna’s hit “Girl Gone Wild” but is instead known for working with up-and-coming artists rather than huge pop stars. Avicii will be performing next month at Atlantis Dubai, so here’s hoping we’re treated to a first listen.
- Shakira keeps having to defend her “Can’t Remember to Forget You” video and is doing one hell of a job of it. Speaking to Billboard about her boyfriend football star Gerard Piqué, she said, “He’s very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women.” Isn’t that just precious? (No. Hell no.) Her self-titled album is due for release later this month.
- The video for Arctic Monkeys’ “Arabella” gets steamy enough to warrant an NSFW mention, but the song is absolutely perfect:
- In part 9 of the Young Blood Chronicles, the members of Fall Out Boy are falling like flies with the help of Courtney Love:
- And Iggy Azalea channels Cher Horowitz in this Clueless-inspired video for “Fancy”, featuring Charli XCX:
- Ashanti has just released her fifth album, titled BraveHeart, which she describes as her “most vulnerable, sincere and open album so far.” BraveHeart features collaborations with Rick Ross, Jeremih and French Montana, and is her first independent release by her own label.
- And R. Kelly has announced that he will be releasing a sequel to his 2013 album Black Panties titled – what else? – White Panties. Speaking about the album, he said, “I always follow what my spirit tells me to do,” although somehow I don’t think it’s his spirit he’s following.
WE SAID THIS: