Bored of the same way certain dishes are prepared? Recipes seem uninviting? Well, my favorite thing about being in the kitchen is spending time exploring recipes – you get to innovate, experiment and enjoy!
A staple dish in our lovely Egypt, I personally cannot pass on Chicken Panee. It’s happiness on a plate with its crumbly, juicy, soft texture and yummy taste melting in your mouth. In the spirit of experimentation, I decided to try something different: funkifying Chicken Panee with Bake Stix instead of bread crumbs for coating!
Bake Stix are light, really good and come in a variety of flavors to choose from. We went for the Oriental Spices (cumin, salt, pepper) to give it a kick without taking away the flavor of the chicken. It turned out to be really delicious, so imagine what would it taste like with the BBQ flavor!
Here’s how you can make your own.
- 3 chicken breasts, cleaned and halved
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 bag Bake Stix, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper
1. After cutting the chicken breasts of its fatty parts, wash well with water and pat dry.
2. Blend the egg, mustard, salt and pepper together.
3. Place the Bake Stix in a food processor and blend to get them to break into crumbs as tiny as possible.
4. Coat breast with flour, dip in egg mix then coat with Bake Stix crumbs. Repeat for all pieces.
5. In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of oil and fry each breast on each side. They should be golden by five minutes.
6. Serve with mustard/ketchup/BBQ sauce and enjoy!
WE SAID THIS: Check out The Recipe: Crostini Galore for another creative way to use Bake Rolz.