Have you ever been one of these people who bombard themselves with a full schedule and end up barely getting five hours of sleep, only to wake up and do the same thing all over again? Well, to all you over-bookers, what you are doing is extremely unhealthy. You need to manage your time more effectively. If you feel like you might need a change in order to sleep a little better, you might want to look into reviews for other sleeping products such as comfier mattresses, like this koala mattress review.
A good night’s sleep is very good for you, so here are eight facts about sleep you really need to know:
1. A regular good night’s sleep makes you look more attractive. Think about it, sleeping through the night means a healthier lifestyle and you wake up refreshed. It will reflect on your looks.
2. How many times have you seen anyone in a bad mood from having a good night’s sleep? Lack of sleep will make you feel more tired, which in turn translates into agitation.
3. You sure as hell cannot study or concentrate without sleeping properly. And even if you think you are concentrating, your work and memory will not be as effective. So if you are thinking of pulling an all-nighter, think again!
4. Give your mind a break and sleep well. When you sleep, you are giving your body a chance to de-stress. Lack of sleep causes you to stress out more, which can lead to high blood pressure and put you at risk for heart attack.
5. Did you know that napping is better than your afternoon coffee? Give your body a chance to rejuvenate.
6. Studies have shown that the later you stay up, the higher chance you will eat. So going to bed early means you can maintain your figure. Lack of sleep also slows down your metabolism, which can make you gain weight easily.
7. There can never be too much creativity! Get a good night’s sleep, give your brain a chance to organize, construct your thoughts and let the creativity roll out during your day. How can you possibly think creatively if your body and brain are exerting all their effort to just keep you awake through the day?
8. Did you know that you can’t make up for your lack of sleep by oversleeping during the weekend? You need at least eight hours of sleep each night to make it through the next day. Always try to wake up around the same time everyday.
WE SAID THIS: Check out 8 Things to do for a Good Night’s Sleep. Sweet dreams!