Delicious Fool Recipes That Will Make Your Sohour Extra Special
One of our favorite things to do in Ramadan is eat with our loved ones. Indeed, Ramadan is a month infamous for gatherings that include an array of delicious dishes. And because it is the weekend, we understand that you may have guests over for sohour.
This is exactly why we have compiled a list of foul (bean) recipes, that will make any sohour extra special. Bon appetit!
Foul b el sogo2 (Beans with sausage)…
Ingredients: 2 large cans of beans, 4 medium – sized cloves of garlic, 1 medium – sized chopped onion, 2 medium – sized chopped tomatoes, 2 large – sized chopped green peppers, ¾ of a kilogram of butcher bought fresh sausage, 2 teaspoons of pepper, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of salt, vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of ready made tomato sauce.
1 – In a hot pan place approximately pour half a small cup of vegetable oil. Place the garlic in the now sizzling pan, wait till garlic starts to acquire a reddish/brownish hue, and then add the chopped onions.
2 – After the onions reach a golden – brown color, add the sausage and turn/stir sausage to cook evenly on all sides.
3 – Add the chopped tomatoes, the chopped peppers, the two table spoons of tomato sauce, the two teaspoons of cumin, the two teaspoons of pepper, the two teaspoons of salt, stir well and leave on low heat until onion is cooked
4 – Add the beans, stir the mixture well, and leave on medium heat. If need be, add a medium sized cup of hot water, and leave it until the mixture until it cooks completely.
5 – Serve.
Fool b el bed (Beans with scrambled eggs)
Ingredients: 250 grams of beans, half a teaspoon of salt, a pinch of red pepper, half a medium – sized cup of olive oil, four eggs, small cup of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 medium – sized cup of hot water.
1. Place the beans in a pan placed on low heat. Squash the beans inside the pan.
2. Add the salt, the lemon juice, the water, and then stir until ingredients are mixed together.
3. Add the olive oil to the beans, let it sit a little with the beans.
4. Crack the eggs, and place the eggs in a separate bowl, add the salt, the black pepper, skim the eggs well with a fork, pour the eggs over the beans, whilst stirring well continuously, until the eggs are well cooked.
Fool b bed el 3yoon (Beans with sunny side up eggs)…
Ingredients: Large can of beans, 3 large eggs, 2 teaspoons of salt, 2 teaspoons of pepper, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce, 1 medium sized – cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of butter, half a batch of parsley.
1. In a hot pan melt the better, then add the can of beans, the tablespoon of tomato sauce, the cumin, the salt, and the pepper into the hot pan. Stir well for 5 minutes.
2. Directly crack the eggs into the beans. Remember to place distances between each egg, leave the mixture without stirring, cover the pot for 5 minutes and let it simmer on low heat.
3. Spread the olive oil and parsley on the surface of the pan.
Fool b el salsa (Beans with tomato sauce)…
Ingredients: A large can of beans, 3 medium – sized tomatoes that have been cut or sliced into small pieces, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, 1 medium – sized chopped onion, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 large red pepper, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 large chopped red pepper, half a small cup of lemon juice.
1. Place a pan on high heat. Pour the olive oil, and place the chopped onions.
2. Once onions reach a golden – brown color, start adding the garlic, the chopped tomatoes, the tomato sauce, the chopped pepper, the salt and and let cook on high – heat for five minutes.
3. Add the beans, the lemon juice, leave on high heat for another 3 minutes.
Fool b el zebda (Beans with butter)…
Ingredients: 2 large cans of beans, half a medium – sized cup of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1.5 tablespoons of butter, 2 squashed cloves of garlic.
1. Squash the beans as much as possible, using a fork.
2. Put a pan on the stove, place the full portion of butter.
3. Once butter starts to sizzle in the pan, add the squashed garlic.
4. Once garlic starts to get a golden color, add the squashed beans, and stir well.
5. After approximately 3 minutes, add the cumin, the salt, the pepper and stir.
6. Cover and let cook on medium heat for approximately 3 more minutes.
7. Place in the serving plate, add the lemon juice, and mix.
WE SAID THIS: Wishing you all a delicious sohour.