Did your mother dress you in sweaters that could only be called ma3ounet elshetta? Are you guilty of deluding yourself that transparent bra straps are actually transparent? Remember the days when green and blue hair mascara were a thing? Well, let’s all take a minute to thank the Lord that it’s 2017 and the 80s and 90s sense of style are over and done.
Here are some of the worst Egyptian fashion crimes we’ve committed in the past 30 years:
1. The transparent plastic bra straps lie
2. Small butterflies all over our hair. EWW.
3. Thank God bushy eyebrows are back. Let’s not even talk about eyeshadow…
4. Or walking down the street with just lip liner, brown if possible
5. Those yellow, blue or red glasses that meant you’re gamed awi
6. Remember the late 90s and early 2000s when we covered our arms and shoulders with glitter at weddings? Karsa.
7. The 80s leggings with those ugly foot straps
8. Dem 80s jeans ensembles
9. The freakin’ mullet
10. The velvet hairband with the knot. Admit that you used to style it with a bombeh!
11. Is it Pantacourt or bantakoor? It doesn’t matter as long as it’s gone
12. Ma3onet ELShetta
13. Oplettttaatttt and not the Lady Gaga type
14. Bolero and Carina
WE SAID THIS: Don’t miss The 32 Most 2000s Things That Have Ever Happened In Egypt.