I love Fridays they are the perfect balance for the different kinds of meals you can have. Today I will giving you a taste of spice with a fresh finish to cool you down.
If you love chipotle then you will love this recipe courtesy of www.simplyrecipes.com
Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avocado Sandwich Recipe
- 3 Tbps olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (less or more depending on how much heat you want)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
- 4 small slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sets of hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Iceberg or lettuce of preference
1. In a shallow bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, and chipotle chile powder.
2. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper. Use a meat pounder to pound the breasts to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut off excess fat. If you are starting with 2 half-pound chicken breast halves, cut each one in half so that you have 4 pieces (to better fit the buns). Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, preferably an hour.
3. Heat your grill on high heat if you are using a gas grill, or prepare coals for direct heat if you are using charcoal. You can also use a cast-iron grill pan on your stove if you do not have a grill. Grill the chicken pieces a couple minutes on each side, until cooked through. Once you have cooked the chicken pieces on one side and flipped them, add a slice of cheese to the chicken. Cover the grill for half a minute to melt the cheese. Toast the buns on the grill as well.
4. Assemble the sandwiches – bun bottom, chicken with melted cheese, avocado and lettuce, mayonnaise on the top bun.
And to cool you off…. Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Tropical Fruit Smoothie
1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries, mangoes, and peaches
1 (8-ounce) can guava nectar
Fresh strawberries, for garnish
In the container of a blender, combine the frozen fruit and guava nectar; process until smooth. Garnish each serving with a fresh strawberry
WE SAID THIS: The Perfect Light Lunch To Satisfy Your Day!