By Malak Khaled
During quarantine, people are learning to self-care. One of these self-care techniques is using Facemasks to hydrate and treat the skin or just for pure enjoyment and fun.
First of all, let’s start with some tips to keep your skin healthy and hydrated;
a) Stay hydrated
b) Get enough sleep
c) Eat well
Here are some Facemasks you can enjoy doing at home:
1) Banana-Honey face mask to remove shine
Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 OPTIONAL teaspoon of fresh-squeezed orange
1- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl
2- Add the 2 tablespoons of organic honey and mix thoroughly
3- Stir in the optional teaspoon of freshly-squeezed orange juice
First wash your face then apply the mask, start massaging it into your skin and leave it for 20 minutes then rinse it off with warm water and pat your skin with a soft towel.
2) Honey, oatmeal and milk mask to cure acne
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons of dried oats, 1 tablespoon organic honey, 1 tablespoon whole milk
1- Put 3 tablespoons of dried oats into a blender
2- Add the tablespoon of whole milk
3- Mix together until you make a paste
4- Then drizzle the tablespoon of organic honey
When the paste is created, spread the mix from the blender onto your skin. Let it dry for 20 minutes then wash it off with water.
3) Lemon mask to help remove dead skin cells, blackhead, acne, and discoloration
Ingredients: 1 lemon, 1/4 cup olive oil or sweet almond oil OR 1/2 lemon, 1 tablespoon honey
1- Squeeze lemon juice
2- Mix it with 1/4 cup of olive oil or almond oil
– Squeeze the 1/2 lemon with the tablespoon of honey
Then leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water
4) Yogurt-Orange mask to cleanse the skin and tighten the pores
You can always put some plain yogurt on your face and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
BUT for a fun face mask you’re going to need: 1 teaspoon plain yogurt, 1/4 slice orange, orange pulp, 1 teaspoon aloe
1) Mix the teaspoon of plain yogurt with the juice from the 1/4 slice of orange
2) Add some of the orange pulp
3) Add the teaspoon of aloe
Leave the mixture on for 5 minutes then rinse it off.
5) Avocado, olive oil, and aloe vera for a hydrating and moisturizing mask
Ingredients: 1/2 crushed avocado, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon aloe vera
1) It is important to crush the 1/2 avocado well because it is messy and big chunks won’t stick to the face
2) Add a teaspoon of olive oil
3) Add the teaspoon of aloe vera then mix all together
Keep for 10 minutes then wash off