Today, at around 4:31 am, a fire broke out at a restaurant in a four-story building in Dubai International City 2, leaving one Asian man dead. The man was present inside the restaurant when the gas explosion took place. Investigations are still underway, but so far, a gas leak is believed to be the cause of the accident.
Minutes after the fire erupted, a team of firefighters from Nad Al Shiba Fire and Rescue Centre headed to the location, evacuated the residents of the building, and put the fire out in less than one hour.
The site has now been handed over to Dubai police for further investigations.